Counseling/Career Services and the Oregon Career Information System

Dear Students,

Welcome to Fall Term!

The purpose of Counseling and Career Services is to support and empower students as they pursue their educational journeys and prepare for the workplace. Our student-centered services are offered in individualized, group, and college-wide event settings, with a focus on providing support, services, and resources for mental health, career development, and employment.

The Oregon Career Information System is an online tool that counseling faculty and other CG course instructors utilize to assist students with their career exploration. Chemeketa is excited to announce that Oregon CIS is now part of their single sign on (SSO) student applications.

The mission of CIS is to support the career development needs by providing quality career information resources. CIS delivers a comprehensive, integrated system of career information for career awareness, exploration, planning and transitions.

CIS can help you  find assessment tools, employment resources, financial aid/planning tools and scholarships, and information about a variety of educational paths including (but not limited to) apprenticeship, self-employment and formal degrees.

Within CIS students create and save their Career Plan and can refer back to this throughout their educational journey.

To access your portfolio, sign in at login.chemeketa.edu and click on the Oregon CIS tile.

If you have questions regarding Oregon CIS please email Counseling Services at [email protected]. To meet with a counselor to explore Oregon CIS you can make an appointment in My Chemeketa, click on Services and then click on Counseling.

Best,

Chemeketa Counseling Services